Monday, March 10, 2008

My new favorite thing

Hey all,
Here is my new favorite band/song. I know, I know, they can't really be considered new when they're from the '70s and '80s. But you know what? They're new to me. Here is their video which I miraculously found on YouTube, which proves once and for all, that YouTube has everything. A little note first about this song: it is incredible and strikes a particularly personal note in my life as a Peace Corps volunteer in Bulgaria. You can obviously see this by mere virtue of the fact that it is making it onto my blog. I keep this blog to share only my most deeply profound thoughts.



Lyrics - Bulgarian (Cyrillic) / English

За мен отдавна хората говорят / People have long said about me
че вечно съм без пукната пара / that I'm always dirt broke
но аз с всеки съм готов да споря / but with them all I'm ready to argue
дали това е най-важно на света / whether this is the most important thing in the world

живея на последния етаж / I live on the top floor
в една мансарда, точно под звездите / in an attick, right under the stars
прозорецът е моята врата / the window is my door
и аз вървя към тях и ги разпитвам / and i go to them and inquire

дали след време тука под звездите / whether after some time here under the stars
прозорецът ще има светлина / the window will have light
дали тогава пак ще слушат "Бийтълс" / whether then again they'll listen to The Beatles
и вечните поети ще четат/ and the eternal poets they will read

дали хазяйката ще идва рано / wether the landlady will come early
с виенска кифла, с каничка кафе / with Viennese rolls, with a pot of coffee
и вместо да попита тя за наема / and instead of asking for the rent
ще усмихне - спахте ли добре / she'll smile - "did you sleep well?"

и пак ли ще звучи невероятно / and again will this sound unbelievable?
за някой, ако някой пак твърди / to someone, if someone again contends,
че имам най-голямото богатство / that I have the the most riches,
един прозорец и безброй звезди. / one window and countless stars.


1 comment:

Daniela said...

Много добър избор!